Ayre QB-9 Twenty Upgrade
The QB-9 was one of the most successful Ayre products ever. The first edition, released in Fall 2009, was the QB-9 24/96, then the QB-9 24/192 then the QB-9 DSD. Owners of older models could upgrade their QB-9's to the new. The QB-9 DSD was discontinued in 2017.
Now, as part of Ayre's commitment to providing a lifetime of enjoyment from Ayre products, they are releasing an update for the QB-9 with the newest technology from the 8 series. The "Twenty" update for the QB-9 brings it back to the cutting edge of technology, giving QB-9 owners the excitement of discovering their music library all over again!
New QB-9 Twenty Features: Ayre has made a number of innovations since the release of the QB-9. Here is what has been improved with the Twenty update:
- Diamond output circuit improves musicality and bass response.
- A new JFET differential stage lowers the noise floor.
- AyreLock power supply regulation for better rendering of fine musical detail.
- New AC noise filtering for improved resolution.
- Custom Ayre Asynchronous USB technology further reducing electrical noise in the system.
- New ESS DAC chip for improved signal to noise ratio and spacial detail.
- Six layer board design for optimal circuit isolation.
- Proprietary reclocking to eliminate USB domain jitter.
- PCM play back up to 384 kHz
- Native DSD capability up to DSD256 (4x)
- HDCD decoding