The MC1.25KW Quad Balanced Power Amplifier is McIntosh's newest and one of their most advanced amplifiers. Redesigned from top to bottom, it replaces the venerable MC1.2KW as their most powerful single chassis monoblock amplifier. A simple glance at this 158 pound (71.7 kg) amp is enough to convey its power and performance capabilities, but when you hear it then youll truly understand what it can do.
The MC1.25KW outputs 1,200 Watts of pure power into a single channel with a nearly imperceptible total harmonic distortion of 0.005%. This astonishing amount of power is fully available to 2, 4 or 8 Ohm speakers via our Autoformer™ technology. A pair of these amps can anchor a home audio system that can rival nearly any stereo system in the world.
Features of the new McIntosh MC1.25KW Amplifier include:
- Power Guard® that monitors and adjusts the input signal at the speed of light and makes real time adjustments to prevent harsh sounding and potentially speaker damaging clipping
- Sentry Monitor™ - our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- Quad Balanced design that cancels virtually all noise and distortion that may have crept into the audio signal
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to other connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
- Patented, gold-plated Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts that easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short