Open regular retail hours Monday-Saturday 10-5:30. (503) 222-2599.
Integrated Amplifiers On Demonstration
0% Financing with Affirm financing. Apply online with no hard credit check.
Rega Turntables In-stock
Rega Cartridges In-stock
Ortofon Cartridges In-stock
Bluesound on Demonstration
Aurenders On Demonstration
Linn DSMs On Demonstration
DACs on Demonstration
This accessory is designed to evaluate the speed of any turntable. The hand-held strobe unit generates a 100 Hz pulsed light source for use with the supplied 180-line stroboscopic disc.
Designed as the perfect partner for the speed adjustable Rega Neo PSU.
Simply place the supplied stroboscopic disc directly on the turntable mat. With the player running at 33 1/3 RPM hold the strobe LED directly above the lines to evaluate the speed of the turntable.
The Strobe kit is very useful if you have an adjustable motor, and if you wish to see what condition your belt is in. A worn out belt will manifest itself in a slow turntable speed.
The Strobe kit is also remarkable effective for entertaining small kittens.
How to use the Rega strobe:
• With your turntable rotating and the speed set at 331/3 RPM, place the stroboscopic disc over the record spindle directly onto your turntable mat.
• Hold the strobe approximately 2-3 centimeters from the lines on the disc.
• If the lines freeze and remain stable, this indicates the turntable is running at the correct speed.
• If the lines on the disc are moving slowly clockwise, this indicates the turntable is running fast.
• If the lines on the disc are moving slowly anticlockwise, this indicates the turntable is running slow.
• TIP: To ensure an accurate reading it is recommended to hold a reference point such as a pencil tip near the lines during rotation to easily identify if the lines are stable or rotating.
• If your turntable or power supply are adjustable, you can correct the speed of the turntable until the lines are stable. The Rega Neo PSU is adjustable.
Availability: Usually ships in 3-8 days